medal users file smartphone

Texas Motor Carrier

Who is required to have a Texas Motor Carrier Number?

Companies that operate commercial vehicles picking up loads in Texas and delivering those loads in Texas are required to registered for Texas intrastate operating authority (TX DOT Number).

You must register as a Texas Intrastate motor carrier when you:

  • Operate a vehicle designed or used to transport cargo and having a gross weight, registered weight, or gross weight rating of greater than 26,000 pounds
  • Transport hazardous materials in Texas in a quantity that requires placarding
  • Operate a vehicle in Texas designed to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver
  • Transport household goods on a for-hire basis in Texas, regardless of vehicle weight
  • Operate a commercial motor vehicle that is owned or controlled by a person or entity that is domiciled in, or a citizen of, a country other than the United States.
  • Order The Package That Will Meet Your Needs


      Once your application has been received and is under review. You will receive an email shortly with further instructions. When the application is approved. You will receive an email with your Unique Identifier Number (UIN), LOGIN ID and PASSWORD. Have your insurance provider file proof of insurance that meets minimum levels on a Form E (the Form E is submitted online by your insurance company). Once your insurance company files Form E for your amount and you have paid your fees to TxDMV, MCCS will convert your temporary UIN to an active TxDMV Certificate Number. Once you are assigned a permanent certificate number, you may print your cab cards and certificate. A copy of the insurance cab card, or an electronic copy that identifies the vehicle being operated shall be made available for presentation to law enforcement at all times.



      The state of Texas requires that a carrier must have a USDOT Number. Order both your USDOT number and The Texas Motor Carrier Number with one application.


    Fleet Management Strategies, One Hour Authority and 1 Hour Process Agents are third party providers of consultive service to assist companies and individuals in acquiring and updating authority, permits and documents required by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA), U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), State and Local government agencies.

    Why One Hour Authority?

    • Established in 2000
    • Registered as a FMCSA Filer
    • Fast, Reliable Customer Service
    • Benefit From Certified Compliance Advisors
    • One Stop For Your Authority Needs
    • Our Resources Provide Results